DOT Physicals In El Paso
In addition to our annual and school physicals, we also offer DOT physicals for commercial drivers in El Paso. For drivers to perform their best, it’s crucial that they see, hear, and feel well. Through our DOT physicals services, we’re able to keep El Paso’s commercial drivers healthy and on the road. If it’s time for your DOT physical, give our staff a call or visit our Horizon City clinic to set your appointment.
What Is a DOT Physical
A DOT physical is a specific form of physical required by the Department of Transportation for truck drivers. A DOT physical has very specific requirements for truck drivers to ensure both their safety and the safety of the people they drive with. DOT physicals are valid for 24 months, after which another physical is required.
Benefits Of DOT Physicals
The main benefit of DOT physicals is that they allow DOT drivers to be cleared to drive the roads of the United States. The DOT uses physicals to make sure that the roads are safe not only for regular commuters but for the truck drivers themselves. These physicals were put in place to provide a safety net for commuters, as well as create a standard for health-related to driving often large and precarious vehicles. Without regular testing, some truck drivers could be at a suboptimal level of health while traversing highways and streets.
Preparing For Your Visit
When preparing for your visit, you will need to bring the following:
- A picture ID
- Pertinent medical information/history
- Current medical certificate
- List of medications, dosages
- Corrective lenses (glasses/contacts)
It is important to drink water prior to your appointment, as the physical will involve urinalysis.
What The Physical Exam Includes
The DOT physicals include:
- Vision testing: Drivers must have at least 20/40 acuity in each eye and at least 70” peripheral vision.
- Hearing testing: Drivers must be able to hear a “forced whisper” at a distance of 5 ft or less.
- Blood pressure/pulse rate testing: Drivers will be checked for high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, and other potential issues.
- Robust physical examination
Insurance & Payment Options
Contact Us With Any Questions You Have
Have more questions about DOT physicals? We have the answers! Contact our clinic for more information.